Monday, November 3, 2014

Yip

Mom Note: I have had a several of you far away ask about Elise and Savanah. and since Logan failed me on pictures this week (sniff) I will take this opportunity to send a couple of Elise and Savanah. How Elise pulls off looking so beautiful while she is pregnant is beyond me. Sure love these ladies a lot. Myrna





Written: October 13, 2014

So family, and friends. Your emails this week were super awesome and I love hearing from all of you, so so so sorry if I did not reply to everyone. We have light off in Kwabenya and so we traveled to Achimota looking for a cafe. All of them were full except this little one we are currently sitting/sweating in hahah :) Mission life is a great thing. In mission and in life there is always something to be positive about, you just have to look in the right places (Read Pres Uchtdorf's talk about gratitude for more).
Well since I have like no time I will only get to talk about a few things, it's somehow like the Book of Mormon, you only put in those things that are critical for salvation. But I am not a prophet, so that is why it's only somehow haha

We had a funeral in our ward. Frank 'Stone' Eshon, our ward mission leader, had his father pass away. A lot of the ward members went up to support, which was great. We didn't have them around to teach with us, but they were where they should have been. Stone is a great man, he came to church the next day, in Kwabenya! He came so he could fulfill his calling. This man has really shown me something about dedication. I love working with the members here! Stone is a real man of God. :) One of my great friends too.

Despite those things going on, we still had an okay week with things. We have been able to really build up a solid investigator pool right now and I feel very blessed. I'm praying that in the coming weeks we will see some of these people progressing.

Sunday was a bit disappointing at first, we had a bunch of people lined up to come. Just before the meeting I got calls from most of them saying they had something going. So Stanly was the only one who still came. This is sweet though, because Stanley is going to be baptized this week!!!!!!!! He has made some major changes in his life, they completely got rid of all substances and any thing that would keep them from keeping the Word of Wisdom; they had to toss the small business that they had just to do it! Just as important, he is reading from the Book of Mormon everyday and he is praying daily!! They met with the bishop to arrange some work, next week more should happen. Stanly is so sweet, I love this guy, he has had such a strong desire for baptism for so long. Remember his father, Huebert? The missionaries in Togo called me to inform me that they are teaching him and preparing him for baptism!! I love that guy and I am so happy :):)

We were able to teach that sweet couple, Ephraim and Ester again. These two are awesome, we met them a few days after their wedding and we had some sweet lessons this week. We fetched water for them during the light off and they were opposed to it at first, by the end they were so happy though and loved it. That really softened their hearts. They want to move back to Belgium, but Ephraim is getting an I.T. Degree first. Ester makes the coolest beads, not traditional but like legit jewelry, so if anyone wants anything, let me know (Christmas is coming). Saturday when we met again we had such a cool lesson on eternal families. Please pray for them so they can have all these blessings!

Well a lot more happened this week, but that is about all I have time for. Dad and grandpa: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it is awesome and that you know how much i love you both!!
love you from Ghana and back and to eternity!

elder van wagoner
p.s. 

dad you are everything God wanted you to be for me

No comments:

Post a Comment