Monday, November 3, 2014

Gratitude





Written: October 6, 2014
Last week I sent an email, but the computer was having some difficulties, sounds like it didn't reach anyone. Yes I am alive.. guess that means I have a week full of stories you will have never heard about when I come home hahaha

Promise it was a good week though, not sure of any specifics I need to mention, so if anything you can ask and I will tell.

This week had a lot happen though! Elder Peterson got transferred to Batsonaa, so we saw him off on Wednesday. Sweet to be with him, we only had 4 weeks as companions, but we lived together for about 3 months and talked a lot. Had some really sweet moments with that guy and I am excited for whatever is ahead for him.

Brother Gator (Eric) came to replace him! Eric is from branch 2 of HO!!
.....
woops... accidentally hit send! Sorry for the interruption, please enjoy a few more photos as a compensation for that haha

anyways, brother Gator comes from HO! I knew him and was good friends with him when I was there. Wednesday we found out the Elder Henrie's trainee hadn't figured out english enough yet and so he went back to the mtc for another 4 weeks. To replace him they brought Brother Gator! He will be a ward missionary for 4 weeks and it is sweet to have him here!

So sweet to hear about all the blessings with Savanah and Elise this week. I have been praying everyday for these things and am so excited!! We had a lot of blessings all around this week and here to we had many. Some of the other blessings is that yesterday we had four at sacrament! Stanley, Ebenezar, Henry and Nana Yao. Stanley is looking to make one big push for baptism. He is now at a point of reading the Book of Mormon daily and is really trying. He got rid of all the alcohol and cigarettes that they used to sell. He is always asking when he can be baptized  and comes to most of the ward activities. He is really changing his life. We plan on working hard with him for the next few weeks. 

Ebenezar actually showed up to church by him self a couple of weeks ago and is still progressing forward towards baptism. He rarely has a concern with doctrine, so we are going to start with the commandments and see if there is any concern now. Sweet guy though and he wants his family to come with him. We are trying to work with the wife, but they are never around at the same time.

Nana Yao and Henry were two guys who work together. We met them after reading the President Uchtdorf talk he gave to mission presidents about having no fear. The two of them are much bigger and much much older than we are. We remembered the talk and went up to them thinking 'no fear'. On Sunday, we were not sure if they would come, they totally surprised us! The best part is, they seemed to love it! We got a member to come and sit with them, Brother Sowa. They connected well and were active participants in the second hour class. We are praying that the Spirit will continue to soften their hearts.

We have been very blessed to meet more and more couples and families. There is something extremely significant that happens when you teach families, it is hard to describe, but it is a different thing and I love it. Missionary work is not easy but it is wonderful!

There was a baptism on Saturday for the other elders! Her name is Anita and it was a sweet baptism! Her interview was awesome and she is really trying to repent and dedicate herself. I think we may have some baptisms coming up in the next few weeks with Ebenezar and Stanley! :)

Well this email is all over the place. But I hope you know I love you and that I am praying for all of you. Thank you so much for the emails and the support. 

mom: I had two sweet fm (free meals with members) on Monday and then again tonight we are going to the sowa's! ooooo and also sister Heid took us out to lunch with another companionship that has an elder learning English, I ate pizza!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) so awesome :) so yes I am alive and well. Mission life is great and I can feel the Savior's love.

I would just like everyone to consider something that you can read in Matt 14. Look at how the Savior took care of Peter. Look at 2 Nephi 25 :23. I know you will get to learn some new things as you do, but I am out of time and can't really go into detail right now.

I love you all forever, from Ghana and back and to eternity!

Elder Van Wagoner

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 5:05 PM, Logan Van Wagoner <logan.van.wagoner@myldsmail.net> wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment