Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy Almost New Year!

(Written December 30, 2013)


Hey Everyone! It was so cool to hear from you all on Christmas, sorry for the tech problems, but that was pretty cool! Most people don't get to face time here, since most areas can't, so we are blessed!
After our talk I left to go say a prayer. As I knelt down, alone as you are aloud to be as a missionary, I felt such an overwhelming love from our Savior. I was praying for my family, for each one to be uplifted. Not for the first time, and hopefully not that last, I felt a more full entrance the presence of God. His love for each soul is great. He promised that he had been there before. That he was leading the way. I felt once again the words 'Fear Not'.

This week I was asked to lead more, Elder Jones has been dealing with some several issue arising in our zone. So I was left to lead the work in the area. I used to feel some anxiety at making a day truly effective. But praying for the guidance of the Lord I have felt the fear be replaced with faith. As we have worked I have seen God's hand carefully lead our steps and we were able to see success and have very effective days. The more we give up our fears the more room and chance we have for faith to take hold and lead us along. The more possible it is for Heavenly Father to enter in and guide us. The more allowance made for the Grace of Jesus the Christ to change us into all we can be.

Christmas was truly a blessing and I look forward to a bright new year. I pray that the goals we set can be to find the will of the Lord. Looking at Either 12:27 'if men come unto me I will show them their Weakness."
Let us ask God where he would have us improve. That is where we will receive the strength to do 'All Things.'
I love you all from Ghana and Back and to Eternity.
Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment