(Written December 23, 2013)
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you are spending time with the family and keeping Christ close. Each time we teach people, we ask 'what are you giving to Christ for Christmas?'. As a mission, a zone, a companionship, and myself, we are trying to give our will to Christ.
We had our mission Christmas Conference this week. It was
awesome to get to see everyone! Elder Nelson and I got to talk for a
while and Elder Strong and I sat together for lunch! The three of us sat
together for the devotional. I sang far far away on Judea's plains with
some Elder's in my district. President Judd spoke at the end.. and as
usual blew my mind. I really want to take his class when I get back
home.
He spoke of how as the Angles visited Mary, the
Shepherds and Joseph that he always said 'fear not'. (Luke 1 Matt. 1) We
looked at how the shepherds were those called and set apart to safe
guard that sacrificial lambs. and Many other things. But that is the
focus of the advice given.. to fear not. God gave us the spirit of his
power, not of Fear. There is no mistake ever made in his plans.
He blessed the mission as we left. He came to the
alter and gave a blessing through the priesthood as if we were each at
his hands. There is a spirit here that can't really be replaced. Some
moments that you couldn't have anywhere else but on mission.
I am sorry that I don't have much time this week, but I will call
home on Wednesday using the google hangout thing. I will make the call
at 6 my time meaning it will be 11 your time. I really am so excited to
hear from my family!
I love you all from ghana and back and to eternity!
Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:
Post a Comment