Wednesday, September 24, 2014

There is Beauty all Around





September 22, 2014

When there's love at home!

This week was filled with some very special moments for me. So I imagine that there must be love at home. Whenever there is love at home, the storms of life and the darkness can be overcome. If we find difficulty in creating love at home, take heart 'By small and simple things are great things brought to pass'. 'You receive no witness until after the trail of your faith'.

Above all REMEMBER (the most important word in our existence) that there is Love in your Heavenly Home above. A loving Father and Mother who care for you and watch over you daily. REMEMBER these things.

 We were able to spend more time working and less on exchanges this week. During the week, we were working with some good people, but we couldn't get a lot of them to commit to church. Nice that they were honest and actually had real things they were doing though. We even had a day were it rained on us pretty good as we went out proselyting. It was good, I felt like we were giving it our all. Unfortunately most of our appointments got messed up with the rain haha. My companion didn't enjoy the rain, but both of us new we had done our part.

As Sunday approached we were wondering who would come. We had a few people committed, but we couldn't feel solid about anyone. That Sunday morning, I felt I should pray for us to meet someone who would be solid, who would be ready to progress and follow the principles and receive the ordinances of Salvation (One of about 3 times I have felt to pray specifically for that. Like the day I met Desmond in Cantonments). As we came into church a new face was there. I went and talked to him, Ebenezar is his name. 

We went to meet him that evening. He introduced his wife and two kids to us and we had a great lesson. He even told us that he was about to go and hit his wife with a rag and then remembered our lesson in Elder's Quorum (I taught a discussion about culture that was different about Heaven and Ghana) and decided to walk outside instead! They seemed pretty excited that we were there and it was such an awesome and wonderful experience.

As Elder Scanlan called me to do our weekly reports, he asked how I was doing. Usually nobody asks that question, report on yourself. But, as he asked I just had an overwhelming appreciation and gratitude for all the blessings that were with us, for my chance to be here, to be a missionary, and that Spirit that I felt. Sometimes missionary work is wonderful, I love being a missionary. :)

Another great moment came when we had another appointment fall through. As we walked away from the house we took a new road. I looked down this rough road and saw Ghana it all it's greatness :) An old song came to my mind "Is this what I have waited for all of my life?" That song is by matt kearny, and it's not about missionary work. But that day it was about this wonderful time and the blessings I have sought for. They are right there, if only we will realize it. If only we will REMEMBER :)

I love you all forever, from Ghana and Back and to Eternity

REMEMBER God always REMEMBERS you.

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment