Monday, March 3, 2014

A Quick Letter...




(Written: March 3, 2014)

Hey everyone! I gotta be quick, I was trying to move the stuff from the flash drive my family sent to me.. not working yet but one day I will get those songs! so I am behind and have like 2 minutes hahah.

This week was pretty good. The baptism on Saturday for Kafui and Rebecca was so sweet! Seeing Kafui join her family in baptism was so cool. They both showed up super early and helped with the building clean up. Rebecca has been so weighed down and unhappy for a while and Sunday she was glowing. The Spirit that accompanied the service was obvious. We have been working and praying to find elect Priesthood leaders. I think we may have met a few, and a few we were working with have been coming back to church. Samuel is one, he lives and works in Ho, but his family is all in Ho Hoe. He met us and after our first meeting said he 'wants to be the pioneer of the church in Ho Hoe.' He reminds me a lot of a convert in Accra. Desmond. When I met him he was the same way, just determined to do God's will. Not concerned with the opinions given to him. Jeoffrey has been coming to church, Romel also came this Sunday and attended the Baptism. 
Right now we have a lot of Sisters lined up for Baptism, which is great! However, we recognize the need for Priesthood brethren and are trying to find them.

The branch stayed after church to hang out together. I thought there was another meeting going on, but it was just friends being with friends! Made my day to see that. The addition of Brother Eugene Sorgbe to our weekly coordination has been great. They have lit a bit of a fire under the Elder's and Relief Society. They even volunteered to come meet Kafui and Rebecca with us. Hoping this can keep up and the branch can grow together, get over the separation that happened when the split into two branches.

I feel like prayers are really being answered with Elder Monday and I. our prayers for our investigator's are being answered. My testimony is really coming about praying for specific things with them. Prayers and Fasting are what is bringing Jeoffrey around. They are what allowed us to have those people attend Church. 

Thanks so much for the package, the trousers are sweet!! And American food rocks! Still fufu is pretty good, everyone asks if I will eat it at home, where would I find fufu?? haha

love you all to Ghana and back and eternity

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment