(Written: February 10, 2014)
It's been one of the weeks were I have old songs from the U.S. stuck in my head. Haven't heard american radio in 6 months so I have no idea what is going on. But shatta wale has a new album and moptears has a new song. Haha! I hear way to much of the Ghana music in the taxi and the chop bars, I always laugh thinking about how much dad would not like it. :)
President has asked that we double our baptismal dates. We are looking forward to working on that. That was something that occurred to me the other day. I need to be more bold in my teaching, so I look forward to the invitation. Kafui didn't come to church, she had to stay and watch her grandmother. But, her family did come. They want to be baptized this week. So we are going to discuss if we should baptize on Sunday so that everyone could baptize that day and be together for it.
Also, a sweet surprise. Worlator came to church! We didn't even get to see him during the week either. His phone was with someone else for a time and we had no idea where he was.
I am sad that one of the recent converts, Mawuli, will be leaving to Sudan for a year of Duty though. He is a soldier. A great big man, yet humble, and loving and good to the very core. This is someone everyone could aspire to be more like. He is one of the ones in the photo there. The other is of Hanson and Ceaser, two of our great recent converts, some of my great friends.
We went contacting near a members home the other day, after an appointment fell through, and found some great people, so we are excited to be working more in that area. We met one man named Joseph, and his wife had just passed away. We had the opportunity to share with him the plan of salvation. With emphasis on the Spirit World and Alma 40. We explained where his wife was and how she got to see God. He questioned us on temple work and the mercy of God to save us after death. He really loved the doctrine and we taught as Elder Bednar gave us the pattern for. His final question: Where is the Church? When do you worship? I really believe he will progress.
Also, a sweet surprise. Worlator came to church! We didn't even get to see him during the week either. His phone was with someone else for a time and we had no idea where he was.
I am sad that one of the recent converts, Mawuli, will be leaving to Sudan for a year of Duty though. He is a soldier. A great big man, yet humble, and loving and good to the very core. This is someone everyone could aspire to be more like. He is one of the ones in the photo there. The other is of Hanson and Ceaser, two of our great recent converts, some of my great friends.
We went contacting near a members home the other day, after an appointment fell through, and found some great people, so we are excited to be working more in that area. We met one man named Joseph, and his wife had just passed away. We had the opportunity to share with him the plan of salvation. With emphasis on the Spirit World and Alma 40. We explained where his wife was and how she got to see God. He questioned us on temple work and the mercy of God to save us after death. He really loved the doctrine and we taught as Elder Bednar gave us the pattern for. His final question: Where is the Church? When do you worship? I really believe he will progress.
so it has been a good week we are working hard and look forward to what is coming this week! The Church is true and I love you!
From Ghana and back and to eternity! love you family
Elder Van Wagoner


No comments:
Post a Comment