(Written: January 27, 2013)
Hey Everyone! So this week was transfer week, and I am 6 months. When I first got here I thought that I would have the mission thing figured out by now.... nope! haha So it has been good to hear from everyone and see how the work is going on. I am still here in Ho! Grateful to be here and I am with Elder Monday. He is from Uganda and is a pretty good Elder. He is 21 and, as I learned 3 months on mission. Which means I am the senior companion. Scary thought huh? haha
I always thought that at the sixth month mark I would be so different, and perhaps I am, but I feel like I am mostly the same. Definitely a process. But, I am grateful that God has carried me to this point. I do feel like Alma and the sons of Mosiah, being comforted when they would have turned back. I am very grateful to a Creator who allows the weak to Hold His Holy Priesthood, and to be cared for by him.
Some cool things though this week, on monday we had a fireside with a traditional dance group. They are led by a Ghanaian who moved to America for like 10 years named Bennicent, he is our friend. The night was so cool! Just made me love that traditional culture, that is my favorite part of Ghanaian culture, the roots. Well remember all the jokes about being a tribal dance leader? They had the missionaries come up and perform one of the dances haha that was so much fun! Felt a little more Ghanaian :)
Glad to see the work in the area going on. Kafui and her son, Augustine, and daughter, Selena, continue to come and have such a good desire to learn. They came to the other Elder's Baptism on saturday! They were even asking to confirm the baptismal plans, even though it isn't for two weeks! We are waiting on Beatris to come back from her home town, she hasn't yet had the money to do so. She told us that as soon as she came back she wanted to baptize and she should be back this week. Joshua missed church, so we will wait on another baptismal date. I did not feel inspired as to a date when we meet with him. I said we would plan for next week, when we saw him at church. He wasn't there, so we don't know where he is, we don't want to spend too much time with someone who isn't ready. Corney called the Cosgrave's and said he was hoping to see us when he got back from Togo, so we will see what has happened since he left.
We met a cool family the other day, very busy though, so we will hopefully be able to follow up with them. We are looking to contact more, now that Elder Monday has been in the area a bit. To try and find those new investigators.
This week Elder Bednar and Elder Clayton will visit the mission and we have the opportunity to meet them on Wednesday!! They want us ready to ask questions and contribute to a discussion. I have a question I would like to ask but, still trying to craft the right question for Elder Bednar and Elder Clayton. I am looking forward to such an incredible opportunity!
I invite everyone to read the talks we were assigned to read as a mission. Elder Bednar gave a few called 'Learning by Faith' and 'That we might not Shrink'. These men are living Prophets and their words 'are Scripture' as we learn in Doctrine and Covenants.
Skye has the best pictures in the world, and hey this week there should be a package getting to you, maybe towards like friday if it all works out!
I love you all from ghana and back and to eternity!
Elder Van Wagoner



No comments:
Post a Comment