Monday, March 3, 2014

Elder Bednar



(written February 3, 2014)

What a week! Lucky to be so blessed and for my time to be here. I am so glad the package got home to you and that you all liked the stuff!

Elder Bednar came to our mission! We went down on Wednesday afternoon to make it to Accra by the evening. It is only the Distance of Like Logan to Bountiful, but Ghana doesn't have highways so it is like a four and a half hour tro tro ride from Ho to Accra. 
We spent the night in my old apartment and it was cool to be there. The accra west mission was also invited, so in order to get a good seat we left the apartment at like 5:40 a.m.for a meeting that wouldn't start until 8 a.m. haha. We sat up front and waited. More and More Elders and Sisters came in and I got to see my wife! (MTC companion) Elder Strong is doing great, over in Tema. That Elders is great, I love him! I also saw Elder Nelson, man is going to be an apostle. Elder Udofia was there and everyone says the work in Cantonments is really starting to pick up! So happy to hear that things are getting better around there.
At 7:30 everyone was studying scriptures as we sat and waited. The anticipation was incredible. We could hardly hold still. Not sure that I have ever been as excited to see someone before. A small time before he came in, I reflected on how worthy I would feel if he were to come up to me. Pondering on how it would also feel to be waiting, those moments before we enter the presence of God. 

He came in and there was a noticeable Spirit accompanying him. President Judd stood and began conducting the meeting. He said 'This Meeting will be presided over by Elder David A. Bednar, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles' Felt Like I was in General Conference!! 
When he stood to speak we all were ready to take notes and listen for hours. But, he told us to not take note on anything we heard, only things not said. He asked us questions and demonstrated how to help our investigators seek learning by faith. He taught us how an investigator saying they 'felt good' when they read the Book of Mormon is the first testimony they bear of it. That these statements are worth infinitely more than our best words. He urged us to help others find the truth for themselves. to keep it.

I love you all form ghana and back and to eternity!
love,
Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment