Sunday, July 5, 2015

All sorts of Fun!

5/4/2015

Seems like mission will never really take a week of just normal, there is always something new that happens. I suppose God is just giving us more chances to grow!
First though, happy mom's day this coming sunday!! I thought mother's day was an end of may thing, but it's this sunday!!! Super excited to talk to all of you and I will try and skype again, we will see if the timing of things works out. The internet source we are relying on is not too stable.. but miracles happen! :) Mom is saying around 10 am utah time and around4 pm ghana time we will talk!
I uploaded a bunch of pics this week so hopefully Landon and mom can get them. I'm like 80 percent sure they should have all come in by now haha :)
This week was a set of surprises. I wish that I had a chance to talk about the minute to minute type stuff. Unfortunately most of that will hardly get into my journal. But it's just funny how much happens in one day and when I write in my journal I am surprised about how much of it doesn't phase me enough to write any more. Elder Beckett and I were discussing how at the beginning of our missions we always wrote about the drunk encounters and the 'crazy things', and then by the end the only things you really want to write are about working with and serving people. Don't laugh when you read the beginning of my journal haaha :)
Got a call last monday right after we left the cafe and was informed that a visa waiter was coming to our apartment, fresh from the close by MTC. His name is Elder Kadima from DRC. He, in the words of President Uchtdorf, 'speaks english only with great difficulty'. In our apartment he, 'actually thought he [knew] the wrong language', listening to Elder Beckett and I talk. haha
I was given the charge to work with him until the visa came and have been trying my best haha he has a good heart though and is a pretty humble guy (or so I assume, since we can't talk all that much). He was supposed to have gone by now but we are still together and trying. More to come.
We had some sweet lessons with Adwoa this week! She is doing so well, even stood up to defend the church or to walk away from negative comments. But she is getting hammered by her mom and some cousins for listening to us, so please be praying for her. She really needs help and is so good! Beatrice is another investigator who really surprised us, she seemed pretty typical at first but has been reading like crazy and even praying about baptism!! Please remember her and Benjamin about being baptized, we are getting close with Benjamin!!! :)
Took a trip to Accra for a mission conference with us and accra west and elder evans of the 70 and the area presidency. Great stuff! only my time is very short and I have to go! Still I love you all so much and am so grateful for the prayers and the help!
I love you all to Ghana and back and to Eternity!
Elder Van Wagoner
p.s. i always pray for all of you

No comments:

Post a Comment