6/1/2015
An older Coldplay song has a chorus that says, "No body said it was easy, no it's such a shame for us to part... no body said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard... O TAKE ME BACK TO THE START."
An older Coldplay song has a chorus that says, "No body said it was easy, no it's such a shame for us to part... no body said it was easy, no one ever said it would be so hard... O TAKE ME BACK TO THE START."
Sorry I had some random guy from Germany and his wife who didn't know how to work the computers very well (the guy had some difficulty in movement and speech) ask me for help. they were trying to get the wifes visa to go back to Germany, so I am once again short on time. But hopefully that couple is able to get home to the kids. Pretty random, they seemed super lost.
A lot of my MTC mates are talking of going home just about everytime I meet one of them. It's crazy that they are feeling this way. Mission is so sweet and I feel like the song sometimes. I would love to try mission again with what I know now. But I am sure that at the end of any time I did that they same feelings would come. Mission is such a rare opporunity. No one could have taught me these things if I spent eternity in a class room.
Elder Beckett and I tried to pick it up this week, just more squeezing our time. It did allow us to meet some great people, met one guy whose name is Newlove and we will meet him tonight! We couldn't meet on Sunday and he was super disappointed he is really excited about the Book of Mormon!!!! We were working on 'keeping our lines in the water' and being aware of opportunites at all times. Tonight we will be trying to follow up with a couple of those people, I'm excited! We are then going to Newtown to do exchanges and also take part in their district council. So both of us will be their tomorrow.
We had some sweet lessons this week, really powerful and one of the great ones came as we simply read and explained 1 Nephi 13 with Sister Beatrice. For the first time, she committed fully to church and also to baptism. I fear that the rain was the thing that stopped her. Many of our ward members also didn't attend because of the rain, even Benjamin didn't come. We took a teaching record to him and explained why he can't yet be baptized, how he needs to be keeping these committments and learning these things. It helped him see the scope of things and hopefully it will be the push that he needed.
The member work is going ongreat!. We had some great lessons as we planned in advance for the member present and would also use the opportunity to work with and teach the member. We had a chance to do a service project for one family, trimming a tree, and it went well. They were really grateful.
Elder Beckett is great and tries hard, I always learn a lot from him and am very grateful to be serving with him. Mission is sweet. We are trying and working hard as we can to be finding those who are ready to progress, we will find them.:)\
love you all from Ghana and Back And to Eternity!!!! have an awesome week!!
Elder Van Wagoner
No comments:
Post a Comment