Sunday, July 5, 2015

Ashley!!!!!!!! Afe hyia pa!!!!!

4/20/2015

O my fam.... what a sweet week!!!! And by sweet I mean a mountain of up and down and love and trying my patience on street corners and everything in between. Mission: (noun) a lifetime is lived every week as small boys attempt to serve the Almighty God and Represent his Son, the Savior and Author/ Finisher of their faith. I was trying to send a few more one on one emails this week and had a real struggle with the 'O' key because it seems to be just a little not sensitive and so some of my words may be brken haha
Bash happy gold bday!!! So happy for you! Do something awesome! I was thinking about it last night and hope you are so happy! I'll be singing from here!

Heard Sister Van Wagoner got back! Sounds like she was an incredible missionary, truly tried to love as Christ. She sets a good example to me. Congrats landon on eagle and mr mr mr smething and what not haha :) you tried oo!!! Elders... Well, Brother Rob Nelson and Cameron Lloyd visited my family and spent an hour talking about mission in Ghana and the time that we served with eachother in the same apartment when I was training and later when I was at Kwabenya and saw Elder Nelson at a multi zone games day! It is so sweet that they were there, I hope you enjoyed a little insight into the beautiful land of mission!

Elder Beckett and I really tried to improve our efforts this week and felt that we saw some definite improvement on the work this week.  We were able to take better advantage of finding during our failed appointments, instead of just going to the next plan and also referrals, getting a better way to encourage people to offer referrals. I love working with Elder Beckett! This Elder really gives his all, he takes planning with some real intent and you can see the Spirit guide his teachings. One thing we have been improving on is teaching with a balance of scriptures so that we can allow the two of us to be more in sync. It is great working with him because he is always looking to improve, so you know every week we will try something knew and look to be better.

Benjamin came and we had to move his date back. Because he traveled to visit with the parents about some issues, and even talk about the church, we couldn't teach him all. We feel he really needs some details and we are also having conference so unless the 10 of may. Still that will be just perfect to ensure that everything is well understood. Sweet guy though!
We were praying so hard to meet with Adwoa again. We were nervous that her friends told her more false doctrines and scared her away, but we feel strongly that she is an elect. Because of God's perfect timing our prayers were answered. We had just prayed over dinner at the chop bar on Saturday to see her again and we finally met her! We were stopping for a break and she came by, she told us to wait and she came back. Such a sweet lesson followed and the Spirit helped make up for all I lacked, it was a very tender mercy. She faces a lot of persecution, but she can handle it. We just want to get some good friends for her.

Great Exhanges, with Elder Jorgensen. He is a great District Leader and really tries for the district members. He has a wonderful love for his people and earnestly sought for my advice on what he could do to really bless Newtown. We discussed the way they get to know people and how it would help to really open a friendship and build trust as you naturally and lovingly bring the gospel in. He was pretty excited about it and it was cool to see his good heart. He has all you need for a zone leader, especially the humility for it. One lesson we had, I was unsure if I was going to have strength, but he was kind and tried to help me out. We got there and the Spirit (long enough to teach her) allowed my mind to feel correct. As we talked sincerely with this woman she opened up in tears after watching 'He lives' about how she felt he wanted to forgive. It was incredible, he really does want to forgive.

Work is good here, the members have been trying small small to remember and call Benjamin and he really appreciates it! We are looking forward to getting more done this week and trying to continue improving the member efforts, the referrals, and as always helping people feel loved.

I don't know what plans God has for me for the last couple months, but I am ready to be here, or there, any where he wants me to be. As long as I can serve Him it is a privilege.


love you all from ghana and back and to eternity!!!


Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment