Sunday, July 5, 2015

Mom's Day

5/11/2015

It's been a whole 24 hours since we talked haha, but it was sweet yesterday talking with all of you. It's hard to believe we are doing this for a second time. Don't worry I took the advice and got some things today at the market in Tema Com. 1. Sweet cloth and some things, even an ewegbe bible (Bibilia)! I have wanted one since I was in Ho and found it today! 

Something super sweet this week, I did family history! President Heid has assigned us all to fill out our 'My Family' family history booklets. I need help with this since I don't know the birthdates and places for people besides my siblings. Assuming Elise was born in SLC right? If you look at the great grandparents and stuff I don't have it at all haha so this is my repentance, and I find great joy in this. We have taught a few smart people about family history and my testimony seemed so much stronger, it was a great experience! We get a lot of concerns about the temple and having my own family history really helps, especially when people think we are un burying and re baptizing dead people into saints (an evil spirit in Ghana) haha.

We had a really busy week, a lot of administrative stuff had to go on. I suppose all of it is necessary, but still not a huge fan of spending proselyting hours in a meeting. How do people go to school??? haha :) But Elder Kadima is now with Elder Udonsa and we are basically training him as an apartment until he goes. Elder Udonsa does the actual extra study hours and stuff though. President re assigned him on Friday saying he needed us to handle the administrative and wanted him to be doing proselyting as well as give Elder Udonsa some experience. We look forward to doing a lot of contacting and just working hard this week, trying to get back on track (or something like that, is there even a track?) 

Benjamin is moving along, but meeting with him is difficult, he never has enough time with school and a problem at the bank. But he called today and wants to meet tonight, we are stoked to try and help him. Other than him we are seeing Beatrice keep reading and praying, trying to get her a friend so she will have a bit of help in coming on sunday. Adwoa's family is still not too accepting, but we have some plans this week and hope we can help!!

I called Sister Kafui, the one from Ho and she is doing good! She wants to go to the temple, but missed the trip while caring for the sick mother and no one else is around to do it. Her kids, Augustine and Celine are doing great though! I try to call people, but the past few weeks I have not done very good with it, repentance is a process! haha :) 

Our hamburgers last night were so sweet! We made up our own way of doing it because I couldn't remember everything and of course we didn't have all the usual stuff. So we made beef patties with vegetables inside and marinated with salt, chili seasoning, some ghana this things, and then used ketchup to rub them while on the frying pan. Added some chicken patties we found and more vegetables, mayo, and pickles!!(thanks for  those mom!!!!!) and some juice we found. It was so awesome! 

I love you family and I pray for you everyday and night. 

I just have to say, mother's are wonderful. I look at mothers like Nephi's mother Sariah and her concern for her sons. For the concern of all those mothers of the 2000 stripling warriors. For the sweet humility and sure conviction to follow the Lord of Mary.  Mothers have made every difference in the world. I see how much the Savior cared for mothers as he told his own mother and John "woman (queen or great lady according to the hebrew), behold thy son.' and 'behold, thy mother'. He knows how important all of you are and all the sacrifices made.

I also heard an interesting testimony amongst many .... interesting things said on fast sunday. That mothers are much more than just having a child. Mothers is a set of characteristics and qualities, regardless of how many, if any, children are in the house. That those qualities and attributes are the most pure and sure Christ like attributes that can be held.  He gave examples of friends and others who had been mothers to him. I too am grateful for all those 'mothers' I have, the ones in Ghana (rita, kafui, sista kufalor, mariam and so many others) and for the ones at home. I love you and I know that God loves you and is so incredibly grateful for you. Can you imagine the joy you feel when someone helps your family. So too God feels even greater joy when we serve his children.

mom I love you!

and all of you reading, from Ghana and Back and to Eternity

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment