Sunday, July 5, 2015

Father's Day!

6/15/2015

Today has been sweet everyone! I just did a quick check on the missionary portal. I looked up some old emails between me and President Judd, about November 2013 time. That was the time I received some of the best council ever given to me, it came from Elder Jensen (congrats man, thank you for the example). He seemed to be having such a good time I wondered how it was possible. "When things are crazy I try to see the adventure in it all, other than that I see the people".
As I applied this council and others from President Judd, the difference in the emails and journal entry's (yes I reread some with Elder Beckett on Saturday) was almost humorous. People are what it's all about. Just searching for that 'one' somewhere :) Have I done any good in the world today? Have I helped anyone in need? Have I cheered up the sad? or made someone feel glad? if not I have failed in deed...... then wake up! and do something more than dream of your (self, problems, worries, desires, etc.) mansions above, doing good is a PLEASURE, a JOY beyond measure, A BLESSING of DUTY AND LOVE. Serve and never look back.
We watched Ephriam's Rescue as a zone today, it was in black and white, but super awesome. It really struck some deep chords. "When you have eyes to see, ears to hear, and hearts to feel you can reach out and Rescue others". President Monson
I would like to send my gratitude out to a man who has rescued me on several occasions. Dad Happy Father's day, thank you for all you have done. The small day by day lessons you have taught are still affecting missionary work here in Ghana. :)

We saw some miracles the past couple weeks though with finding. We were at the chapel and Bishop Appianti gave us a ride with a member because of the rain. We stopped at the member's, Jerry, home and made a quick plan to visit the next day. As we came we talked about his family and his mom has not come to church before. As we came another day to meet, she was so ready for us and had good questions and is on date for July 12 now!!!

The other great one came after getting 2 lessons to fall through with a member along with us. On our way a man came running from a nearby church and asked for the Book of Mormon, at first I feared he was a church member and want the Book of Mormon too aid his preaching (oddly enough a common problem here, pastors will steal a line or two from it). Turns out, he was the security there and went to a different church. Then, 2 days after MLC, we followed up. He had been reading, had awesome questions and accepted to be baptized and come to church the next day (after some inspired insights from Elder Beckett).

The following day we went to pick up another investigator, but he wasn't around. The rain was decently heavy (Ghanaians fear the rain and struggle to come out of the house when it's even a small sprinkle), so we thought neither of them would come. I had to keep telling my self to get some faith and when we walked in, he was waiting! He loved it and contributed a ton, it was sweet. I think he is now permanent living in com. 1 so we will have to refer him there, but still he is sweet! Albert is his name.

I'm realizing that we do a lot of planting seeds until we can meet that one who is prepared. I have been seeing that the most important moment in our day may just be when we follow a simple prompting to talk to an unlikely man on the way. God's work is incredible. I would love to be someone he could call at any time and know I would respond, so I'm working on it.
I was blessed to have my temple recommend interview with President Heid on thursday. It was one of the most incredible moments. Going through and being able to have the Spirit testify to my answers was making getting a simple 'yes' or 'no' out difficult. This Gospel is true, Jesus Christ really is the Savior. This really is his church.
The invitation is to all of us to go to the rescue. President Monson said the opportunity WILL be there. We all have need to 'go where he wants us to go, say what he wants us to say, be who he wants us to be'.
Love you All from Ghana and Back and To Eternity

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment