Monday, March 23, 2015

Away in a Manger

12/8/14

It hasn't been an option for us here in Ghana. But I know about the mormon.org/christmas site. As I have been studying this week, and of course busting out all the Christmas music we can in our apartment, I have really felt the Love of God. He gave us the greatest gift we could ever ask for.
In our companionship study, we try to sing a hymn each time. It is something that I started doing when Elder Beckett came, see still learning from him. As I studied the birth of Christ in 3 nephi 1 I was touched. One of the most remarkable moments of this chapter comes when all the people reject the truth. Those faithful few were now pleading that the Savior would come. Then, when all hope seemed to be lost, when (I am sure) they felt all alone. "And it came to pass that there was no darkness in all that night..." It was not a coincidence that light would stay the whole night through at his birth. It was meant send the most hopeful and joyous message the world will ever know.  "And they knew that it was the day that the Lord should be born, because of the sign which had been given."
Jesus Christ is the light no darkness can cover. I love Christmas time, it is his time. :)
How many of us know the scriptures of Christ birth? I didn't know them nearly as well as I thought I did. Studying them has brought so much happiness to me this week. It has helped me so much as a missionary. In the words of jack johnson "I'll share this love I find with everyone... I don't want this feeling to go away :)"
This week had a lot of miracles happen for us. We have been blessed to set some 'white christmas dates' with people. Corny should be baptized on Christmas day!!
Sunday we had Barbara (comfort's sister), and Corny come to church! We got a new bishop in our ward, so the ward spent the meeting kinda bearing testimony of him... weird.. hahah but still the meetings were great! Barbara has been going through some mind blowingly tough times. Her husband is causing a lot of challenges and she is trying so hard to help her children. As we discussed that great christmas gift (through a twi translator) you could see the tears come and know she had felt the Spirit. Even that grand old Christmas spirit.
I am out of time, slow cafe. But Sav I am praying for you and know that everything will be okay. Landon I heard some great stories about you!
love you all from ghana and back and to eternity
elder van wagoner

p.s. share the gift :)

No comments:

Post a Comment