Today is the day! A fe hyia paaaaa!!! Happy 20 old man, thanks for leading the way since as long as I can remember :)
Hey before I forget, are the pictures coming in? Landon are those working out on the cloud? It tells me they are uploaded... so I am trusting in the technology, not sure I am capable of telling these machines they are wrong... they know more than me hahah
I am sure that things seem a little unorganized right now, but things are getting settled, we just got reassigned to a new ward as of last week and some sister missionaries will take our place. President asked the tema 2 and tema 3 have two elders and two sisters in each, we prayed and felt that some of the reassignments included us being put in ward three. We had no information on the area since the elders who worked there had already been transfered. Just that we knew 4 sisters lived there now and needed places to go proselyte. Seems are decision is going to have a lot of interesting, but I think really good consequences.
We showed the sisters how to get to our investigators houses, felt weird saying goodbye when we would only be like a couple kilometers away from them. Pretty cool that God let us be there to meet those that we did though, I realize that other missionaries may not have found those people. God really does care and has a plan worked out for each person. Like Abraham for example. Last sunday we felt to go contacting after some appointments dropped. most of the houses had been tried before, but one was empty before. We decided to try it again and found Abraham, a footballer from Cape Coast, he had seen missionaries at school and was super curious, even asked us if he could play football on the Sabbath haha. It's just incredible how God lines everything up. :) Hoping that the Sisters will be able to help him progress, I think he will.
Elder Grissignon let me know that some of those we worked with in Kwabenya are coming to church now! Isaiah and Eric are coming! Man I am so excited for their baptism, too bad I won't see it, but still!!!
Now in Tema 3 we are doing a lot of contacting, no area book was kept by the last elders so we have a clean slate I guess haha we got invited for a ward fireside though and it was sweet! went in and spoke ewe with a couple members and then turned out a bunch are voltarians and so they were super happy to have us there! We are looking forward to working with them this week. also our bishop was my old mtc instructor and him and the wife are great! very busy people, but I am excited to serve with them :)
Funny story: we were contacting the flats at 4 and got rejected by this lady, so went to the next door and quickly got invited in by and old lady who knew missionaries. She was excited to talk with us, not sure she really wants to follow the teachings though. So as we talked I was wondering if God really wanted us there. Then two things happened, the Spirit came first and I realized that we were being of service to her, and that God loved her just as much as the next person we would teach. Second I saw some kente and complimented her on it. She said, "It says 'Greetings from Ghana' I already am in Ghana, so you take it." :) haha so she dashed me some sweet kente! I promise I tried to say no, but people don't accept gift rejections here. I felt very humbled and grateful at her generosity.
Guess the moral is something like, God has a reason for all the service he asks of you, one is that: He loves all of his Children, just as much as he loves you. Second, maybe He wants you to have some kente. :)
Alright got to go!
Love you all and am so grateful for your examples. I know that God cares.
love you from Ghana and back and to Eternity
Elder Van Wagoner
No comments:
Post a Comment