Monday, March 23, 2015

Because of Him











(3/2/15)

Dear Everybody,

This week was.. very nice, special. Just for simple things and the most incredible things. I'll be quick since we have only a few minutes left. I just wish everyone could have experienced it with me. Missions really are irreplaceable :)

First off, I finally saw the "Because of Him" video. Watching it just hit me. I was looking at videos to use for the next personal study and found that. Is it not incredible! Just as the lady at the well says in John 4 "is this not THE CHRIST?" The music for the video has been running through my mind and it seems like each lesson we teach I am feeling so much more of the Savior's love for the one. There is a power in teaching lessons like your teaching a seminary class, use our sacred restored understanding of God and life, it can touch the hearts like nothing else!

One example is passing a man on the way and we felt to go back to him. Felt like Cole. We were quickly invited to sit down with Benard Atsu (ewe for male twins) he opened up to us about some challenges in life and then he had neighbors who were laughing as they saw him meet with us, not a big church goer (which is actually kind of a plus here). We watched the video "Because of Him" with him and talked about the role of Christ in the way and style we do in church, not just the normal way people do. The spirit was so much stronger. Just like correctly quoiting a movie makes it funnier. We look forward to working with him!

We finally sat down with a man named Johnathan Nijo. He is the grown son of Joyce, an investigator we have. The guy is trying to make a fly board, yes the only man in Ghana who even knows what that is. But he is sweet! Has a wife and a kid and plays rugby and really enjoyed the Plan of Salvation and the Book of Mormon! We have wanted to meet for a month, but he is welding, so finally all the dumso dumso (light off) was a good thing that day!

Fast sunday was great, pretty good meeting actually had people bear some testimony about real things which was awesome! Small small right? It's cool though, on my mission I have never been to weak to work when I was fasting, even on days when we had stuff going until 9:30. On Sunday we had to be back at 5 to make a ton of reports the mission wanted, I felt super tired on the way back and realized God was letting me see his hand sustain me. He does fulfill all his words. :)That day was great and we had  a great law of Chastity lesson with a lady named Patience and another good lesson with Benard. We set a zone goal of placing  a certain amount of Bofm with people. We were short one and contacted some cool people trying to place it. This week we are trying for 5 new baptismal dates! :) The spirit that comes working on sunday and fasting is so sweet.

Even today I found an article about Christ and his interactions with sisters in the march Liahona. As I studied you could just feel the love and tender care for each person. As they said in John 4:42. "This is indeed the Christ, The Savior of the World"

Thanks for the package and bday wishes it was all so sweet! I love you all so much and am so grateful for the letters! The Cole book was so beautiful, thank you.. truly.

love you all from Ghana and Back and to Eternity

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment