(3/9/15)
The time is far spent, there is little remaining.. haha. Just been trying to work out some things for going to school. Elder Strong, my MTC comp, called me this week to ask about rooming together at BYU. He struggled to get in during his mission and is so excited to go. I am a bit spoiled and haven't thought about school or life after getting off the plane until now. Even now it's only an off and on thing. Like the light (those of you living in Ghana will get me when I say me ma me dumso dumso! ya mahama!) hahahahahah :) that is even why we are cafeing so late, so we don't have to tomorrow.
There is a lot of work to do and that is what usually takes over my attention. This week we had some incredible moments! Besides finally having some referrals, a good ones, come in we also contacted some great ones. We continue to work with Benard and he is progressing well, but wasn't able to come on Sunday, so please be praying for this guy. We are really trying to work with him and my mind so often comes back to, "what can we do for this guy?"
One mercy was being contacted, not everyday someone wants to talk with you and be serious, not just talk to a white guy. The guy grabbed my arm and made some hand motions. I said 'et te sen?' he was silent. Took me over to the dirt and started to write messages. "I am a deaf". "I am Kojo" "I know your church" "Joseph Smith" and then he grabbed the Book of Mormon i was carrying and asked for it. We arranged, by typing in the ipod to come and visit the next day at around 10. We did come and he was ready, found him praying in sign language. We took a piece of cardboard with the plastic still on it and then bought a marker (couldn't find any whiteboards) and a pure water and a tissue to clean it off. The lessons are pretty slow and it is so peaceful, teaching without talking. All he can see is what we write and what we do. We still pray to begin and close and he likes that. People were very confused as they passed us by. But Kojo came on Sunday!
He saw the picture of our family and during our second visit with him he wrote "15 yr old, picture, deaf?" My companion didn't know about it, I never told Kojo about it. So I took out the picture and wrote the percentages for her left and right ears. He wanted me to say hi, no idea how he knew. Savanah, Kojo says hi!
In other brief news. Barbara's daughter got baptized and they are going to the temple soon. She speaks brofoo like crazy now! (English) gift of tounges I suppose. Eric was also baptized! The one from Kwabenya!!
Love you all from Ghana and Back and to Eternity
Elder Van Wagoner
No comments:
Post a Comment