Mom note: A lady made and brought these shirts for the missionaries plus a meal! I love people that are so loving to the missionaries! The thing on his head is what he does his laundry in..He sounds happy (and healthy-whew), and asked me if they had come out with new technology since he's been gone...I said it's 8 months not 8 years! But hey there was this new Disney movie called "Frozen" I could sing for him..
I always try and think of a clever subject line... that takes like 3 minutes of my very limited mental capacity. Elder Anding got it right. He once said, quote "I don't know what to write in the subject line". Brings a tear to my eye every time I read something of such beauty. Elder Anding, you're a stud.
Also, Elder Wells and Denali Young, I got your cd! Thanks a ton for taking the time to send it to me, and to go through and do that. I like the count your blessings song, and the Jack Johnson remake 'God's love'!
This week was pretty sweet. President and Sister Judd came to HO! They haven't been able to come for a while, like a year. The only trouble was the bridge at Senchi/ Atimpoku is down for two years. So, getting to Accra is a tough one. It closes at 6 pm. They got there at 4 and still couldn't get on. They didn't get up here till Tuesday, and they left Monday.
Way cool though, we had zone training and it was solid. We looked at the reasons behind teaching the Plan of Salvation. That has made such a big difference. We have not been focusing on that, just the other lessons usually. But it opened up some investigators who have been just hanging out for so long!
Interviews were really good too. After them we went out to work and invite some more people for the fireside. When we got there it was pretty empty. Two branches and only like 20 or 30 people. Slowly people came and filled it up. Even Jeoffrey, Frank, and Joshua came!!!! I was so pumped... weird word to use in the situation, but I was. Then the fireside was just incredible. They opened it up for discussion. It all came back to what? The plan of Salvation!
Joshua and Jeoffrey loved it and they were excited afterwords. I learned a lot too. Always learn a lot from President and Sister Judd.
The next day we saw Jeoffrey. We talked for a little and I felt to try and extend a date again. He never accepted one before.. until now! April 12th!! He just looked at me and nodded, then he said 'Yes, the time is right.' So calm on the outside, but on the inside I was jumping up an down. Felt like I just dunked it over someone, in a spiritual equivalent. This man could do so much good here.
We met again a few days later, brother reck even came. The lesson came to the Plan of Salvation. It was exactly what he needed and he loved learning about The Atonement. How it enables agency. Because of the Atonement we have the choice to change. (2 Nephi 9 and Moroni 7:43-48) Then Bro Reck came and just testified to making covenants. Loved that lesson. Jeoffrey was reading the Book of Mormon when I called Sunday after church. 'There is a lot to learn!' he exclaimed.
Pretty good week. Not a lot else has happened to us this week, but we are blessed.
love you all to Ghana and Back and To Eternity!
Elder Van Wagoner



No comments:
Post a Comment