Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy Father's Day/ Go USA!




June 16, 2014

Happy Father's day one and all! I hope it was sweet. Hope everyone wrote home to pops and told him how awesome he is! Ghana doesn't give too much attention to family usually. So really we are more lucky than we can imagine. Thanks dad for just taking the time to talk to me and for loving me. I love you.

We were pretty sad this week. Nana Ama called us from Peki. Her instructor would not let her leave. She is doing practicals there for the next 2 months and is on rotation. Her rotation next week going will allow her to come to Ho on the weekends though. Hopefully this week the baptism will be able to happen. She was pretty close to tears when she called. She is solid though and is going to be the best recent convert you could ever ask for!

Divine is progressing and we are working hard with him. Someone brought up the book of Moses in gospel principles so we had to explain it when we came to him. He was asking about it and we thought he would have a lot of things against it, like he usually does. This time though he was pretty quick to accept things. I read the Book of Abraham before we went to go and see him, and while Elder Turley and West were in P.E.C. It really does answer all the questions he brings up with us. Just that it's a lot more necessary to first have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. Though it's been a battle I can see that testimony coming to him. He is very diligent in study and prayer, keeps all his commitments too. I want him to come so bad. He was talking about the law of chastity with us when we brought up repentance. Went well and he really wants to keep it so he and his girlfriend can do things right. Problem will be that Ghanaians usually won't consider marriage until they are well off. Bride price is just too much. Still Divine will be unshakable when he comes. He understands how big of a commitment this is.

Bright showed up to church and a baptism. We called him during church and he said "I'm in the house, should I come?" ....haha Had to hold back a laugh. But he came like 10 minutes later. Only problem is he may be moving to Afaloa. Not sure if the missionaries can get permission to go and see him but that would be sweet. He is a real family guy, well somehow, impressive for Ghana anyways.

Also been meeting with a few other people this week, like Edem and Edinam and Daniel. All of them read and prayed, and accepted dates, none of them made it to church. Were going to have to see how things work out with them. Still some pretty solid guys.

Still hoping to reach our goal, since we have Nana Ama and Divine. We've really been doing all we can for them, even fasting for them. Hopefully some of the people we have met can be good for July.

Climbed the Adaklu mountain again today. I am the only one in the apartment who has done it before so we decided to go up it today. The guide remembered me. I was pretty stunned because 'all white people look the same'. The trip up was pretty intense. The bush was so thick this time because it's rainy season. So you spend most the time not even seeing the trail, which is a problem since it's about 6 inches wide and goes straight up the mountain haha. coming down was funny too. Went Pretty fast though.

The reason for the Go USA is because today is Ghana Vs. USA!!!!!!!! Hope we can see some of it. But either way we will hear all about it. Especially if Ghana wins. We won't even get to talk to someone with out them bringing it up. But :)... if US wins... :):)... man it's going to be so excellent!!!!!!! USA USA USA USA USA! After this match though I want Ghana for the other group matches. Don't worry we are not just sitting around watching football just if it's on while were eating somewhere I don't ask them to turn it off.

Love you dad, get better, have a sweet week!

Everyone enjoy the life we have been given.

 Fun thought for you: Moses saw the whole world and never needed Google to do it. He discerned 'every particle' By the Holy Ghost. (Moses 1) He also set the example when Satan told him to worship him. Moses told Satan that I will not worship thee, because I am in the Similitude of the only Begotten. Later he expresses that the only God he follows is the God of Glory. The Book of Mormon says it like this 'By the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of ALL things.' 'The Holy Ghost will show unto you ALL things what ye should do'.

I love you all from Ghana (who will lose to US today) and back and to eternity

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment