April 21, 2014
Hey everyone! How was Easter? Ghana has some funky ways to celebrate. Like the palm Sunday comes the week before. Everyone hangs palms at the various churches (no not ours). Then Friday to Sunday everyone goes to church. as in they go from Friday to Sunday, lots of people go all night. They dance and celebrate. Sunday we watched a church parade by with some pastor carrying a cross in front and his congregation following behind with a big brass band and shouting and dancing. Nice little quiet Easter in Ho.
I am still in HO by the way, and still with Elder Monday. So I get another 6 weeks in HO!! :)
Makafui was baptized on Saturday and confirmed on Sunday! I got to be the baptist and in the circle for the Confirmation. What a sweet experience. The youth of our branch are incredible. They bring friends and have a desire to do good things. I am so proud of them!! We just had a branch activity. A little Easter 'picnic'. We played sports in the dirt lot down from the church. Pretty sweet volleyball match! But the youth had friends there and half the people who came were youth. Just need to get our adults as motivate in the hastening. Makafui is serious about her studies and wants us to come over just so she can ask questions. I know adults who aren't as smart as this girl!I am still in HO by the way, and still with Elder Monday. So I get another 6 weeks in HO!! :)
Come unto Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment