hola como estas? me allmo Elder Van Wagoner, y tu? muy bien.
Just been so blessed this week to really learn my mission language better. Preach my Gospel chapter five works everyone. It's like I am a native Speaker.
haha sorry, all the language learners your studs. I just had to learn an accent and then figure out a language called ewe to get around, not to teach with. So I am praying for you and your success. RJ, I heard Korean the other day (Ghananians love Korean films) and was completely lost, couldn't figure out where one word starts and the other ends. Your the man!
Elder Jensen, you should send more details home. Your mom is wondering what is going on with you, and their prayers can really make the difference. love you though brother keep up the good work. You are setting the example.
Not a lot out of the ordinary happened this week. But Jeoffrey did introduce us to some of his friends! Which is a great sign of his deepening conversion. Lot of people travelled this week, Samuel's mother had a stroke and he had to find money for the IV's. Romel had a required school trip. So last week and this week will be mostly looking for new people to teach. I got a great feeling about this week though, looking forward to working in a new/haven't been working there for like 2 transfers area we have started to get into a bit.
One cool time was meeting with Gloria. She had walked by Jeoffrey's house and thought that she saw essentially a holographic image of Christ coming from the house at night. Granted it could've just been the full moon reflecting off his windows, but it opened up a chance to talk with her! So a few days later we met again and introduced the Book of Mormon more and shared the incredible Doctrine of the Fall of Adam and Eve. How it is part of God's plan and a great blessing to us. So many people don't understand the fall here, they think that Adam and Eve are two evil, vile people. At first she was pretty skeptical but as we learned more and more with her you could see 'line upon line' the light come on. She excitedly and gratefully accepted a copy and promised to read and pray.
The other cool time was when we walked past this one house, where they are always cooking just as we come by. So we again offered to help and they said no, but the daughter said thank you for being good though. Trying to say being kind, just the english here is weird. So we met her family and I started to fan the fire for the banku. Everyone around always laughs and has a great time when they see the yeavou cooking, it's even more funny to see how everyone reacts. Then this drunk guy came up and started talking to me. I was pretty tired at this point and ready for the day to be done, just things weren't working out that day. But he came and said 'If Christ came right now, he would accept you!' I felt the Spirit confirm that and was surprised. Sometimes the best things come from just serving, not trying to get a lesson or anything just helping.
Well I love you all and invite you to read the Book of Mormon as often as possible. There is power in the Book and a gift from God. It is truly his word. The most correct of any book on earth. I have started reading at nights too, marking a copy for Landon. It's so sweet to read the scriptures.
Landon and sav, good luck running for office!! Fam I love you! Elders and Sisters keep up the good work!
love you from Ghana and back and to eternity
Elder Van Wagoner
p.s. enjoy these pictures of me pounding fufu and hanging out with the ants and termites
No comments:
Post a Comment