Monday, September 22, 2014

We Found Nana Ama


June 9, 2014

Photos are me pounding some fufu for the warlanyo's and then a picture of a picture of the missionaries basketball team for Religious games day at stadium. Nice quality photo hu? haha

Pretty crazy week, we didn't have any investigators make it to church. Granted some of our most solid ones traveled this week end, but still. I feel like we were working hard, we even went out in the pouring rain. But, there must be more we can do. There has to be something.

My family sent some great news this week though. My sister, Elise, and her Husband, Matt, are having a baby boy!  and last night I had some pretty certain impressions that this was the news I would receive. One of the greatest joys on my mission has been to experience some love and connection with these on the other side, whether coming or already gone. Sometimes I don't want to leave, just want my family to come and be here instead. I just feel really grateful to be here today.

Elise and Matt: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH!

Felt like we had some really great lessons this week. One was with this guy named Richmond. He is doing national service (a year long thing you have to do in Ghana, a government job) and when we brought out the Book of Mormon he was excited about it 'Another testament of Jesus Christ? Sounds great!'. We were excited and he accepted a date. Had to travel to get his salary though, the government has been a few months behind and he is, naturally, a little worried. 
We saw Divine a few times this week. Had some prayers and fasts for him answered. During one lesson he was choking back tears as he wondered if Christ was real and could forgive him. He is the one who is struggling to find a testimony after meeting with Jews. He says we are the only ones who have brought this 'spiritual aspect' into the learning. We feel positively about him. When he accepts these things he is going to be strong and stay strong. Had a friends funeral in Hohoe over the weekend though. 
Another lesson we had with him we were learning about listening to the Spirit. We felt prompted to discuss ether 12:6. Sweet discussion! Shared with him about how I kept a journal of listening to the Spirit in high school and one way I learned that I had followed the Spirit. Then we asked about the day we met him. "Do you normally go to sit out on the tree (log) outside?" "no never." "So why did you do that?" "I just felt like I was supposed to be there." boo yaaa!! great talk came from that and he really gets it :):):) 

learned something. Sometimes we don't think God is talking. 
1. He is but we don't always recognize it and 
2. Sometimes he 'withholds' the answer so we will learn to use our Agency.
3. Sometimes he 'withholds' because we are on the right path.

Why would he ask 'Adam where art thou?' when obviously he would know? A wise and loving Heavenly Father was teaching him to act for himself. 

But the subject line maybe confusing, I will explain it a bit. Nana Ama had been in Peki doing practicals for the Nurses Training School. Wanted to get on the bus and leave that day, but her phone was with the instructors. They had seized every ones phones to make them focus on the work. She had seen our missed call during the week and went back for it.
Mean while we thought she was running from the Gospel, maybe her family had said something or someone had offended her. We were praying a lot for her.
back to her, she missed the bus while looking for the phone. The bus goes and gets in a serious accident, sad about the others but she is fine!! We told her about the baptism and she was excited and really ready to go! This Saturday actually! Man prayers being answered like crazy sometimes!

Been trying hard to get our member present lessons to work out. Had a bunch fall through because of traveling. Busy guys doing cool work, which is good, still the Gospel is better. Hopefully this week will work out more, we did get a few investigators to meet with some members though. Like Edem meeting with Hanson. Turned out they knew each other so that worked out pretty well. Looking forward to how it goes. 

We were pretty excited that Divine, Edem and Bright all read from the Book of Mormon. Divine and Edem both had stuff this weekend. Just no idea what happened to Bright.

Funny thing on Sunday, Conrad, the guy for the 1b elders was in the second hour class. I got to teach this week and it was pretty fun. He said I should teach when I go home. Maybe one day I would like to do that. Still long time before I should worry about that.

Well family and friends. I love you guys more than you can know. Keep on keeping on. Put your Shoulder to the Wheel.

I love you from Ghana and back and to Eternity.


Elder Van Wagoner

P.S. sav your officer jacket is awesome and not even as awesome as you are!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment