May 26, 2014
Well what a week everyone pretty sweet! Some really cool miracles happened this week. Just got news yesterday that I will be staying in Ho for another transfer as well. Meaning I will be here until at least july 9. I was stoked because I know there is more for me to do here.
I got the package you sent and it is so awesome! thanks a billion million for it! Soft Choco chip cookies??? man we finished a bag in like two seconds. trying to ration them out small haha The music is sweet too, just that I don't have a computer that can fix things on the flash right now. When the Cosgraves get back from accra I will.Anyways the letters are great and you guys rock!!!Looking at our week we had a lot of finding. We have been doing a lot lately. Just seems like we are finding some good people but not people who are progressing. We were very lucky to find a few who we have some good hopes for though. One man is named Sylvanous, or something of that spelling, he is the medical administrator working at the Barracks hospitals. Pretty smart guy and has some great stories of praying for specific things. We also met a man named Divine, who was shaken by some Jews and Muslims about his belief in Christ. Weird way to be prepared but I think he has had encounters with pastors and not been helped by any of them. He was pretty excited about the Book Of Mormon and set up the return appointment himself.
That day of Gifty's baptism was a miracle day and it went so well. In the morning we went to fill the font and I got something stuck in my eye. Hurt like crazy and so when we got back I tried a billion things to get it out. Nothing worked so I assume I had scratched the eye lid. We were working all day and I could hardly see or open the eye. Just when we were contacting in the shade of this one area it hurt a bit less.
After we met sylvanous we went out to get a taxi and go to the chapel. My eye was freaking out. As we neared housing I wiped my eye out one more time and boom!!! no pain nothing. Healed just in time. I was the baptist and my eye looked mostly normal just as they got there for the service.
Had a great attendence and the Spirit filled the room. After the actual baptism I went to get on dry clothes and had a special moment as I heard the songs through the thin walls. "Zion, Zion, lovely Zion" and "Praise to the Man." came through. Gratitude for being here was all I could feel, that this was everything I could want it to be. As we sang the hymns and as Gifty bore her testimony the Spirit could be seen in everyone. That was really such a special moment. Her family is chain breakers of their heritage. They are some people I love. Not many people could do what is asked of them.
Elder Turley and I are doing well. he is working hard and we are having a good time. Hopefully we learn what we can from each other. But I look forward to another transfer with him and especially another transfer in Ho. There is more I have to do.
love you from ghana and back and to eternity
elder van wagoner
elder van wagoner
No comments:
Post a Comment