Monday, September 22, 2014

MA SUSU WOOOO PAAAA




August 17, 2014

This is one of the sweetest recent converts ever!!!!! Her name is Nana Ama Atoko! We were referred to her from the Kpando elders and she accepted everything so quickly! She was baptized the week that I was transferred to Kwabenya. Told me that she had a dream before she met the elders in kpando, that God had been raining rocks on her for not taking the Gospel seriously (haha)!
Side Note: Elder morpkorkpor is me. You say it like MO-PO-PO (with the k in your throat sound that I will have to show you when I get home) That is my ewe name, it means 'Hope'. It was given to me by some sweet members from Ho. 

People like this are out there, as I have been learning on my mission you can sacrifice doing good things for doing great things.
Second, I would love to say that her joining the church was all me, but not even close. The Lord will hasten his work in his own time, she was prepared and we were just blessed enough to be the ones who get to teach her.
Who you are is the example your recent converts will have, they look up to you. They think that you are what 'perfect' is as a Latter-Day Saint. I'm so grateful that when we were working with her I had such a great companion who could set the example for her to be serious, I was just lucky to be there haha.

Elder Van Wagoner

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Apolonia Nanama <akoto.nanama91@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 2:50 PM
Subject: MA SUSU WOOOO PAAAA
To: Logan Van Wagoner <logan.van.wagoner@myldsmail.net>


Hey....
My friend, am good and very healthy.  Am planning on visiting you, so I will tell you the the actual date later.
Am in kpando now because am done with my practical, now am home resting and teaching friends and family about the CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS .... and the restored GOSPEL.  Guest what,  I met a man at the age of 40-45. And he said he is having the book of mormon and he took from a friend because he thought is a spiritual book.  And I told him that's a true book that we use at church with the bible. He then ask the spirit that we are worshiping? Continue asking if they are worshiping my head? Hahahahahahaha .... I then told him that, we are learning the gospel and worshiping God and jesus christ....  I taught him very well,  I use two days to teach him and today, he came to church, took one of the elders number "Elder Levit " to polish what I taught him so that he can be baptize.
He really enjoy church, the teachings and the love everybody showed him today at church.
Elder Morkporkpor, hope I tried?
Mmm... am very happy of hearing from you today.
I miss u my friend, my teacher alot.
I know the church of jesus christ of latter day saints is true and the book of mormon ... so I never regreted joining this noble family.
And less I forget, the man has stop drinking alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment