Monday, September 22, 2014

Happy (Late) Birthday Elise!



September 8, 2014

Mom note: I'm not as flaky as I seem..well maybe I am..the reason these don't get sent out on Monday is Logan and I write back and forth but I'm usually out running so it's all on my phone.  He is usually off long before I get back home so being the fluffy brained female that I am, I forget to forward. My apologies, especially to Mom and Dad who say, "hey where is our email from Logan"..so I will try to do better. Love you all. Myrna


The Pics are a throwback to elder Beckett and I with the Chineboa family. Sister Juliana, the mom, reminds me of mom so much haha, in a Ghana sort of way. And then the other one is our sweet elders quorum get together on Saturday.
Elise Happy Birthday!!!!! We definitely killed a goat for your birthday at the chapel! That was totally not part of the elders quorum activity and just because we wanted to celebrate your day with some nice goat :) fufu too! Besides that crazy moment it was a good day and I hope that it was sweet for you. It was the first thing I thought about in the morning and remembered that a year ago I had celebrated here in Ghana too. Only this year was a lot better. :)
We had an interesting week since our phone is not working. Lots of things didn't work out and getting members to come and help out is borderline impossible without a phone in this area. Still at the activity we taught some people there, even got a referral!!! We will be meeting with him again on Tuesday!
This week was up and down with people. Met a lot of people who were really wanting to bash with us. Gives you a sweet chance to open up the Book Of Mormon and 'liken' a scripture unto them. I love coming to something like 1 nephi 2:16 and showing them that even Nephi had concerns and questions, yet he, unlike others, had the faith in Christ to go and ask if 'these things are not true'.
I have gotten into this weird habit after being with Elder Beckett: contacting with chastity pamphlets or showing people 'The Family' pamphlet. It's pretty sweet though, inviting people to repent right on the spot, it has actually opened up a lot of sweet conversations and works out really well in Ghana.
We were teaching this lady (whom we contacted with chastity and a talk about eternal families) and then a man comes up on his moto. He was asking about us and so we set up to come see him the next day. His name is Sayuty (say-ute). We biked over in the morning and got to his house. The guy is the coolest muslim ever! He read the restoration pamphlet about 3 times the night before and knows the bible like nobody! He told us he was muslim mostly because the churches around didn't follow the bible. We discussed the possibility of an eternal family, which he was excited about and also about the Book of Mormon. He told us he had really wanted to get a copy which was a first. Sweet man though with a wife too!! Hoping for good things to come for him.
Had to move Stanley's baptism back again, he is going to have to get the lady to stop selling cigarettes or move. It's a battle, but I know he can do it. I have seen God do many things.

Today we got to go to this garden place. First time I haven't seen trash everywhere in 13 months today! Way cool place and almost nobody but our zone was there.
I was washing my clothes today and as I listened to President Hinckley speak, as well as 'Praise to the Man'. I had one of those wonderful moments when you find that beautiful reminder: It is true. Hye, me nim se assori eno krey (see, i know that the Church is true). I love this church and the wonderful Gospel of our Father. This is truly the Church of Jesus Christ. He lives and loves us. I know that anyone who repents will find solace in Him, for 'Sweet is the Peace the Gospel brings'.
Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah. Millions shall know brother Joseph Again.
I love you all from Ghana and Back and to Eternity!

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment