mom note: This week Logan choose to spend his writing time with Elise. These are his thoughts that he shared with her. He had a hard time when he first heard the news and expressed great concern to me. He loves his sisters and brother very much. He was also concerned that he didn't have the right words to share, but I think he did just fine. Love you all. Myrna
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Elise Gardner <elisevw21@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Subject: Fwd: Logans email to me
To: Myrna Van Wagoner <mfvw500@gmail.com>
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Logan Van Wagoner <logan.van.wagoner@myldsmail. net>
Date: Monday, June 30, 2014
Subject:
To: Elise Gardner <elisevw21@gmail.com>
From: Elise Gardner <elisevw21@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 12:20 PM
Subject: Fwd: Logans email to me
To: Myrna Van Wagoner <mfvw500@gmail.com>
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Logan Van Wagoner <logan.van.wagoner@myldsmail.
Date: Monday, June 30, 2014
Subject:
To: Elise Gardner <elisevw21@gmail.com>
Since Savanah has had her heart surgery scheduled to come sometime around now I have been trying to make a song for her. Trying to think of things that would cheer her up or lines that ring back to old days. Sometimes as I think and create the words go back to times we would never visit again if the option came. Yet we would never forget them either, we learned too much to leave.
I believe that in life there are people in situations that we would never ever wish or ask for. I have to submit that if I could take upon me the struggles of Cole I would without hesitation. You think that he said that for one of us?
This morning I woke up and read the Book of Mormon for a while. Not sure how long. I read the accounts of Abinadi, of the people of Alma the Senior escaping bondage by faith. One small portion of those words really hit me this morning
And the king commanded the people that they should flee before the Lamanites, and he himself did go before them, and they did flee into the wilderness, with their women and their children.
10 And it came to pass that the Lamanites did pursue them, and did overtake them, and began to slay them.
11 Now it came to pass that the king commanded them that all the men should leave their wives and their children, and flee before the Lamanites.
12 Now there were many that would not leave them, but had rather stay and perish with them. And the rest left their wives and their children and fled.
Families are forever.
Elise I honestly don't have and wouldn't pretend to have the words that can heal. I wouldn't act as if my words in an email from some boy 7,050 miles away could make sense of everything.
I do know this 'I know that he loveth His children; nevertheless I do not know the meaning of all things' 1 nephi 11:17
Please read the Book of Mormon. Study the Savior as he came to the Nephities. This is the reason we do everything we do. Because a boy came into the world. Challenged from the beginning ' a man of sorrows and acquainted with grief' and even despised by those whom he saved. Because a boy who had no apparent beauty that man should him desire came to 'swallow up the sting'. No one could ever carry the weight you have to. I don't imagine you yourself could carry this weight without him.
There is something rarely discussed in the Gospel, a doctrine that is at the heart of it but is rather difficult. I don't want to swallow such a bitter pill. We are made up of something more eternal than Spirits. We began as intelligence (see the book of Abraham), organized by God into Spirits and born of man into the flesh. our 'intelligence' is eternal as God.
Because of the eternal nature of our very nature we were non-progressive. This progression came because God created us Spirits. The progression reached another peak and a plan was created whereby further education and experience could be obtained. The only issue is the plan accepted certain aspects of possible failure. As such a Savior was chosen and foreordained 'from before the world was'.
This Artist and Author and Creator of Salvation would be asked to carry the infinite and intimate road blocks of progression for each and every intelligence that would enter the worlds. In the book of Mosiah Abinadi preaches that this 'Atonement' would be 'for US ALL' the separate words in one line indicate and reveal that not only would this sacrifice be infinite beyond anything we can comprehend, it would also be intimate, or for one individual at a time. Apostle Elder Bendar said that when apostles go places they go for one person, not for the whole group. He doesn't know who, but it is for one person at a time.
As members of the Church we are the only ones who can have the true blessings of the Atonement since we have entered into a covenant which allows progression and the thing that allows progression is repentance. You cannot repent without covenants. Because of the covenant, and that Christ has taken upon him all things you will encounter, He can also ask that you do things. 'Your agency has been altered and enlarged', Said Elder Bednar.
This is the Doctrine behind 'The Enabling Power of the Atonement'. You have entered into a covenant to follow Christ 'At all times and in all things and in all places that ye may be in, even until death'. Christ covenants the miracle of His Divine intervention. Because of this He can ask you to do anything, and because of that, he can help you do anything. 6 But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen.
Elise I love you so much and I will pray with all I have for Cole and for God's will. For if we are inline with the will of God, all things are possible unto us, the greater and best things. 23 For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness.
24 He doeth not anything save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come unto me all ye ends of the earth, buy milk and honey, without money and without price.
26 Behold, hath he commanded any that they should depart out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance.
I love you and invite you to study 3 nephi 17. There are words that you will find that I cannot give you.
I love you forever and eternity. Our intelligence's and Spirits accepted the struggles of Mortality before. Also I feel that our family shared this love forever. and God has prepared a way.
I love you from Ghana and Back and to ETERNITY
Love,
Elder Van Wagoner
Pray for Cole
No comments:
Post a Comment