Monday, September 22, 2014

Ho is a District!!


Hey everybody! I sent an email earlier, but it didn't go through because the cafe internet dropped. So now we went to the cafe down the road. Currently sitting next to a guy who is scamming a lady who lives in france and thinks she is speaking with a french guy, but they are just using google translate...... awkward. On my right is a guy on a creepy foreign dating site.... the one day I leave my pamphlets at the apartment! haha

Well this week flew by. To be honest it seems like I go outside and then a whole novel of exsitance flashes before my eyes and then I am walking back in for the day. Time moves differently on mission. Especially after the year mark.



September 22, 2014
We had some real solid lessons and a lot of help from the members. Always a downer when you take a member and then the investigator is not even around haha especially when the back up fails too.... shoot. But we did meet a sweet guy named ernest jr. We went to contact his house because it looked like a house from the volta region. The time we came back we found that he had read the first 2 chapters of the book of Mormon and the introduction pages! This guy is really having a personal conversion and the Spirit is softening his heart. Praying that he can continue to read, each time he reads he answers his own concerns. And that will happen with anyone of us who reads the Book Of Mormon, you will answer your own concerns. The Book of Mormon is incredible.

We had a good week for working with the members. The support was really there. Not always the investigators though, which was the problem. We would get an appointment and a back up lined up and then both would fall through. Always feel bad for the members in that situation, but grateful that they are so helpful. Learned a lot about working with members in the past couple of transfers.  

I got to go on an exchange with Elder Fransisco this week. He is a great elder and has a real solid love for those that he serves. You can see that the only barrier he has to express or show it is just the language (he speaks Portuguese, he is from angola). I was impressed with his love though. His language is on the rise and I asked that he study the Book of Mormon during the companionship language study. I think it is already making a difference. 

Some random things from the week: Swapped to the new pair of shoes, the other ones reached there limit. (see the pics) and then today I had a hamburger!! Pretty awesome day to say the least

Today I called some of my recent converts from Ho. Ho became a district! Brother Hope is the new Ho 1st branch President. They were pretty excited and I am too! Elder Turley called me and told me that Divine, the man we worked with forever, the jewish-jehovah witness man came back to Ho. When he got back he said, 'you are right, I need to be baptized.' Yes!!!!! And then to top it off he is moving to afloa! The church is now trying to open up there and he will be so solid for them there! 

I can't remember if I said it or not, but Hohoe opened up and one man that we were teaching just went there. His name is Herbert and he got baptized just after I left! Really this was such a sweet day for me. Mission is a beautiful thing big downs and even bigger ups :) There is more up in the world than down.

I know that my Redeemer Lives and everything else can follow from there. Joseph Smith is the Prophet of the Restoration and the Book of Mormon is true, more than any book on Earth. 

Millions shall know brother Joseph again. It is a blessing to be here, thank you so much for your support and prayers, I am praying for you.

I love you forever, from Ghana and back and to Eternity

Elder Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment