So I got this in the night last night..I do sleep..just not last night..haha. I am so grateful that there are couples who are watching over all our missionaries. They are such a comfort to all of us crazy moms that roll things around in our heads all night.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Marva Pothier <marvapothier@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Subject: Re: Your Missionary Son
To: Myrna Van Wagoner <mfvw500@gmail.com>
From: Marva Pothier <marvapothier@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 4:22 AM
Subject: Re: Your Missionary Son
To: Myrna Van Wagoner <mfvw500@gmail.com>
Wow! you WERE up in the night. I couldn't believe how quickly I got your reply. I meant to write to you when your son first arrived and hadn't gotten it done. Maybe it was because now is when you would need it. We REALLY appreciated your reply and knowing that it might have helped you in some way.
Your son is such a fun personality, confident and engaging. You have done a great job of raising him. I received word from my sister-in-law who is an accomplished doctor at the U of U that Ebola is really not that infectious and the normal precautions should keep all safe. The Lord is in charge of these missionaries. I know that to be true.
It sounds like you are a missionary family. I have the heart of a missionary mother and your return letter brought instant tears.
Thank you and I hope we do meet some day
Bob and Marva Pothier
On Aug 11, 2014, at 9:08 AM, Myrna Van Wagoner <mfvw500@gmail.com> wrote:
This was a heaven sent email..I am sitting up thinking of my son as we speak. I have tried to be realistic about the ebola but it has still caused me concern.My aunt and uncle are in n Argentina on a mission but in two weeks are being transferred to Chili. My son in law served in Brazil. Our extended family has 5 missionaries out serving right now, not including my aunt and uncle, and my next son leaves next summer.I was born and raised in Tucson..what a sweet thing to know my neighbors from Mesa are taking care of my son.You're work sounds amazing and all encompassing. I'm sure it's hard to miss those special events in your grandchildren lives. But from a mother, I just wanted to say thank you. This letter and your care toward my son ease my concern. I didn't know of his new transfer and with pictures! How can I thank you?!I'm excited to share your blog with my family as we are always trying to know more of what he is experiencing.Thank you. I hope one day to say thanks in person!With much love and appreciation.Myrna Van WagonerOn Aug 11, 2014 2:48 AM, "Marva Pothier" <marvapothier@gmail.com> wrote:Myrna
We just had your missionary son, Elder Van Wagoner, in our home for dinner and enjoyed such a nice time with him. He has served in our area the past month and is doing very well. He had dinner with us the day he arrived.
He truly is a fine young man with a great personality and we loved having him.
We served a mission at BYU Idaho which extended to 5 1/2 years and although we were released, we still serve the school. That's why we are in Africa, trying to facilitate some programs, working with PEF and the Self Reliance Center, Engage Now Africa and the Golden Sunbeam International School. We've been here 8 week and have two weeks left before we return to Mesa, Arizona.
It meant a lot to us to have these four Elders eat with us as we are missing our own grandson's homecoming today. We were not there for his return from Chili and now have missed his homecoming. We have another grandson in Brazil and two more planning to go next summer. It's a great work to be a part of.
Elder Van Wagoner is a great blessing to the people of Ghana. Those who discover the church move forward in so many positive ways. It is the catalyst for change that is so needed.
Elder Van Wagoner is partnered with Elder Beckett who has been recently transferred from Sierra Leon due to the Ebola outbreak.. They will get along well, I'm sure. .
The epidemic of Eboai is very serious but not a problem here. Apparently the missionaries were confined to a few apartments, crowded, not enough beds and little food to share but it was just for a short time and they got out safely.
I am writing a blog about our African adventures, two blogs in fact…one for the business part and one for personal.
You are free to look at them to learn more about Ghana and possibly what your son is experiencing. I doubt you get a lot of detail.growingghana.blogspot.com and nanapothier.blogspot.com.
One of the elders, Elder Beckett, was thanking us for the dinner and evening and said, ,"I just feel so comfortable here. I feel like home." That was the sweetest complement he could have given us. Having them for dinner blessed us all.
Thank you for sharing your son,
Bob and Marva Pothier
No comments:
Post a Comment